Interview Prep Like a Pro
Looking for some tips to help you ace your next interview? Recruiting Solutions has you covered. Follow our guide to calm those jitters and prepare like a true professional!
1. Do your research.
Take some time to learn more about the company and the position. This will help you understand how best to describe your experience and qualifications during your interview, as they relate to the organization.
- Visit the company website, paying attention to the “About” page and company mission statement.
- Take a look at the Staff and Leadership pages. If you know who will be interviewing you, find out more about their role within the company.
- Thoroughly review the job description of the position that you are being considered for, so that you understand the responsibilities and qualifications required.
2. Make a list.
Make a list of potential questions that you may be asked, and write out your answers.
This is a great way to organize your thoughts, so that you will be ready to clearly present your qualifications to your interviewer. Make sure that you relate all your skills and experience back to the position that you are interviewing for.
Reflecting on sample questions BEFORE you interview will also help you formulate thoughtful responses to potentially tricky questions, like “What is your biggest professional weakness?”
3. Planning ahead is key.
- Have a trusted friend or family member ask you potential interview questions. A little practice will help you feel more at ease during your real interview!
- Come up with 2 – 3 questions to ask at the end of the interview. Asking thoughtful questions shows your ability to think critically and reinforces your interest in the company and position.
- Carefully plan out your schedule prior to your interview, so that you can arrive 5-10 minutes early. Allow plenty of time for traffic, parking, and finding the interview site.
4. Smile. You’ve got this.
A little preparation will go a long way towards making you feel relaxed and ready to speak about your experience and why you are the right fit for the job. We’re rooting for you!