Ask a Recruiter: How to Land your Dream Job
When looking for a job, it is often difficult to find one that fits your ideal description. What should you do to increase your chances of securing your dream job? Recruiters are a great resource for jobseekers with a plethora of experience with matching candidates to their perfect role. We asked Columbia recruiter, Alex Mucci, for some tips.
I’m looking for a new job. What should I do?
– I would recommend making sure your resume and job seeker profiles are all updated with your current contact information. When recruiting, we often have out-of-date contact information when we come across your information on profiles like LinkedIn, Indeed, ZipRecruiter, and more. Contact one of our teams at Recruiting Solutions so we can assist you with your job search and work to connect you with potential job opportunities in the area.
What should my resume include?
– You want your resume to include your most up-to-date phone number, email, and location. It should also reflect the most recent jobs you’ve had with the job titles you held, dates you worked there, and a brief description of the position. It is important that all of this information is accurate and your dates should show your tenure there down to the month and year. All of this information will help a Recruiter determine if we have a role that is a good fit for you.
When you are looking for a potential candidate for a role, what is one quality that stands out to you?
– The first thing I look for on a resume is job stability. A candidate that has stayed at a company for an extended amount of time shows they were a reliable employee.
How long will it take for me to hear back from a recruiter?
– Once you have submitted your resume through our online application, please allow a recruiter around 1-2 days to reach out to you directly. If you don’t get a call or email, double-check your resume first to make sure your information is up-to-date, then call our office to check in. We may have tried contacting you and were not able to reach you.
How can Recruiting Solutions help someone find their ideal role?
– If you are looking for long-term employment and a strong relationship with a company, Recruiting Solutions is your best choice. We truly focus on finding the right people for our companies, and the right company for our people.
Learn more about what services Recruiting Solutions offers: recruitingsolutionsonline.com
Learn more about Alex: https://www.recruitingsolutionsonline.com/our-team/alex-mucci/
About Recruiting Solutions
Founded in 1992, Recruiting Solutions is a local staffing and recruitment agency with offices in Greenville, Columbia and Florence, SC. Recruiting Solutions serves more than 150 clients around the United States placing quality talent in executive, office professional, information technology and industrial roles. While recognizing that every company’s operational needs are unique, as is the job search for an individual, Recruiting Solutions builds customized workforce and employment solutions by acting as a strategic partner.
Recruiting Solutions offers a variety of targeted solutions for your workforce needs including, but not limited to contingent/supplemental staffing, executive search/direct placement and recruitment process outsourcing.Back to Blog