Recruiting Solutions is seeking an Associate Engineer for a Direct Hire Opportunity with a public water and wastewater utility provider in Charleston, South Carolina!
This position offers a competitive salary range of $67,579.20 – $104,748.80 annually along comprehensive benefits in a stable and supportive work culture including professional development support and tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, and vision insurance, HSA and FSA accounts, and more!
Associate Engineer Benefits:
- Stable work environment with a supportive work culture.
- Opportunities for growth and supports for career advancement with training and professional development opportunities, including tuition reimbursement and free professional development classes through local technical college.
- Great and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Vacation and Leave, Health Savings Accounts, Pre-Tax Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, 11 Paid Holidays
- Weekly Pay
- Annual Bonus Opportunity of $2,000 for associates who successfully complete special projects throughout the year.
Associate Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Design and engineer water, wastewater, civil, and other projects.
- Perform drafting activities for construction plans using AutoCAD software.
- Coordinate technical aspects across various sections required in design, permitting, and contractor selection.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and codes, and certify designs by stamping with a professional seal.
- Conduct engineering studies and investigations, and provide cost estimates.
- Manage projects assigned to outside engineering consultants.
- Liaise with regulatory officials such as EPA, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control, Department of Natural Resources, U.S. Fish and Wildlife during project designs and permitting.
- Provide technical assistance to engineers, surveyors, technicians, developers, and others involved in water and wastewater projects.
- Be available to work during emergency conditions.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including specific knowledge of CWS Environmental Management System Policy and Procedures.
- Additional duties and physical requirements include sedentary work exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, ability to traverse in adverse field conditions, ability to read and comprehend as well as develop and write technical reports, and must be able to wear Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE).
Associate Engineer Requirements and Qualifications:
- B.S. Degree in Engineering from an accredited program, with a focus on civil design and hydraulics associated with water and wastewater systems, environmental engineering, or water resources.
- At least two (2) years of progressive experience in civil design.
- Registration as an Engineer-In-Training (EIT) in the state of South Carolina.
- Knowledge of engineering principles as applied to civil design and hydraulics, water and wastewater systems.
- Proficiency in using a personal computer and software such as AutoCAD, hydraulic modeling software, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to evaluate problems, develop and implement solutions, and make decisions to ensure schedule compliance.
- Good public speaking skills for presenting reports, project concepts, and other information to regulatory boards, environmental groups, town or city councils, or others.
- Demonstrated dependability and conscientiousness in prior work.
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.