The primary purpose of this position is to provide training and development to staff groups across the organization. The Associate Trainer will perform a variety of training functions including, but not limited to: providing new employees with a working knowledge of account follow-up processes prior to the employee being released to a client engagement, addressing specific client-related quality concerns, and providing continuing education for technical skills required for advancement. This position takes direction from the Continuous Improvement Specialist and interfaces directly with medical collectors and account analysts to provide training and development opportunities.
- Mentors/coaches all staff members to be proficient in client patient accounting system, including, but not limited to: counseling low performers; providing training opportunities to improve quality of work and/or to address an individual’s ongoing developmental goals; and answering questions and concerns from staff
- Consults with Continuous Improvement Specialist to identify and assess training needs associated with changes in policies, procedure regulations, business initiatives and technologies
- Provides new-hire training on general billing and follow-up processes; system training; healthcare payer processes; engagement-specific policies; and organization-specific processes
- Suggests performance improvement measures and evaluates their effectiveness against pre-determined objectives
- Monitors team performance and success against pre-defined key performance indicators (i.e. productivity, quality, etc.)
- Executes the development and preparation of job aids, instructional materials, classroom, and online training appropriate to specific objectives
- Makes recommendations to improve client service based upon training observations
- Exemplifies extensive knowledge of the hospital revenue cycle with specialization in hospital billing, follow-up, and the account resolution process to include, but not limited to: claims submission, acceptance, and adjudication, transaction reviews, adjustment posting, identification of patient responsibility, etc.
- Possesses considerable leadership skills, fostering an atmosphere of trust; seeks diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; coaches and develops staff through timely and meaningful written and verbal feedback
- Possesses ability to professionally communicate (in all forms) with payer and client resources such as: on-site visits, website, e-mail, telephone, customer service departments, etc.
- Possesses a cooperative and positive attitude toward clients, management and co-workers by responding politely and professionally and being a valued team player
- High school diploma or GED required; Associates Degree preferred
- Previous experience as Medical Collections Specialist II or prior related work experience
- Demonstrated ability exceeding all established department/client quality and productivity standards
- Minimum 3+ years medical collections, billing and/or claims experience required
- Minimum 3+ year customer service experience required
- Minimum 3+ years all payer knowledge required (government and non-government)
- Certified Revenue Cycle Associate (CRCA) preferred
- Medical Billing Certification preferred
- Proven ability to lead by example and foster mentoring relationships
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Computer and internet literate in an MS Office environment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.