Automotive Manufacturing Engineer
Recruiting Solutions is seeking Automotive Manufacturing Engineers from in and around Charleston, SC scheduling interviews with the hiring team as they visit the area for an automotive manufacturer making a $1.7 billion dollar investment in their Spartanburg, SC facility for EV and battery production. This position offers a unique opportunity to actively support the implementation and start-up phase of an innovative battery plant dedicated to the automotive industry, offering a competitive pay range of up to $120,435 based on experience as well as a range of comprehensive benefits from the employer including relocation support, healthcare, dental, vision, 401K with company matching, PTO, and more!
Automotive Manufacturing Engineer Benefits included:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- On-Site Associate Family Pharmacy and Health Center
- Relocation Package & Net Lump Sum Payment up to $7500
- Prescription Program
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Income Account
- 401(k) Company Matching
- Retiree Medical Coverage and Vehicle Program
- Wellness: Personal Support Services, Wellbeing Rewards, Telemedicine, Condition Management, Financial Counseling
- Voluntary Plans: Off-the Job Accident Insurance, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Supplemental Life Insurance
- Work & Life Benefits: Group Legal, Identity Theft Monitoring, Home & Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Student Loan Programs
- Paid Vacation and Holidays- schedule non-production time off plus 15 paid holidays!
- Opportunity to play a significant role in an innovative facility, shaping its success from inception.
- International travel opportunity to additional company locations for professional development and collaboration.
Automotive Manufacturing Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing support in the fabrication, modification, and evaluation of manufacturing operations.
- Additional responsibilities include developing sequence of operations, estimate time requirements for each, and prepare operation sheets.
- In addition, act as a resource to assist and troubleshoot manufacturing and quality issues.
- Collaborate with production planning to set shop priorities and ensure all tools and documentation in the plant for production run jobs are available.
- Investigate and monitor new machinery and equipment and recommend or select efficient combinations.
- Assist in defining the plant layout and enhance ergonomic requirements by establishing programs and conducting studies.
- Support in planning and executing of projects related to new production lines, improvements, upgrades, layouts, and new equipment related to machining or assembly.
- Recognize and resolve tooling related difficulties with existing and new projects while working with the manufacturing support staff.
- Support the interface with suppliers of raw materials and tools to establish engineering standards for start of production.
- Investigate and find resolution of specific processing problems for assigned projects/parts.
- Conduct studies of the reliability and performance of plant facilities and productions or administrative systems.
- Develops and reviews all processes and operator instructions to ensure accuracy and conformance to actual procedures; revise as needed.
- Participate in corrective action to meet ongoing cost, quality, and delivery.
- Support the development of process flows, process sheets, FMEA’s, and control plans.
- Ensure the process is capable of producing parts in print specifications.
- Assist in the recognition and resolution of process related difficulties with current and future projects.
- Participate in Customer Focus Meetings.
- Support when needed in training associates in machine set-up, equipment operations, and best practices.
- Evaluate the capability of current building systems to address increased demands from plant operations.
- Ability to assist in writing comprehensive technical findings.
Automotive Manufacturing Engineer Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS degree in engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering preferred) or STEM related field OR the equivalent of 4 years of manufacturing operations experience in the automotive industry.
- MS Degree in STEM (preferred)
- 5+ years of experience with equipment installation and commissioning processes.
- 3+ years of experience working with energy module production equipment.
- 5+ years of experience with risk analysis and failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA).
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in reviewing scale drawings to ensure the proposed designs satisfy expectations and comply with manufacturing capabilities.
- 3+ years of experience with statistical analysis software and CAD, CAM, and machining tools (i.e. Microsoft Office, including Project AutoCAD, SolidWorks, SAP, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience using analytical skills to develop statistics for equipment and system functionality.
- 5+ years of demonstrated project leadership skills.
- Ability to take precise measurements using specialized equipment and techniques.
- Proven communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) and resource allocation through business application.
- 5+ years of knowledge of technology operational processes and concept.
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.