Business & Vendor Analyst
Recruiting Solutions is seeking a qualified Business and Vendor Analyst to join the team of a reputable insurance company in the Columbia, SC area.
- This position will be responsible for monitoring and analyzing vendor contracts, monitoring key indicators, identifying and partnering on cost optimization strategies while maintaining effective documentation and positive vendor relationships.
- This may include researching and identifying prospective vendors, evaluating offerings against key business criteria and the required product specifications, and negotiating purchase agreements while providing key data analytics, reports and dashboards.
Business Analyst Job Description:
- Partner with operations to drive efficient processes that will increase organizational profitability, identifying and partnering on cost optimization strategies
- Researches and identifies prospective vendors evaluating products/services according to key business criteria and analyzes industry and demand trends, supporting senior management with the development of sourcing strategies
- Partners with Vendor Management team to shepherd new vendors through the onboarding process, including engagement with legal, compliance, finance, business and technology teams to ensure SOW are complete on time
- Liaises with internal teams and vendors, facilitating communications between both to address questions and/or resolve issues regarding vendor’s solutions/services/pricing/invoicing
- Conducts RFP’s (Requests for Proposal) and solicits quotes from vendors, negotiates purchase terms/conditions and documents price reasonableness and recommends course of action to senior leaders
- Develops impactful reports and dashboards that provide a logical narrative, communicates complex topics to stakeholders through both written and oral communications
- Builds ad hoc analyses and communications for strategic operations or finance initiatives
- Identifies, analyzes and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets and completes ad hoc projects as needed
- Ensures company policies, procedures, and regulatory standards are adhered to
- Partners with internal teams to establish and maintain a centralized repository for vendor documentation (i.e. COI, Contracts)
Business Analyst Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or a similar field.
- 3-5 year’s experience in SQL databases for building reporting
- 3+ year’s experience of relevant vendor analysis, sourcing and contract administration experience and/or data analysis of strategic operations or finance initiatives
- Excellent analytical skills, with ability to build and convey business insight
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and with business application software, vendor, and resource planning systems
- Contract management proficient
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and the pressure of shifting priorities
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, and research skills.
- Ability to interact with business leaders and understand their requirements
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.