Cabinet Builder/Wood Worker
Recruiting Solutions is seeking highly motivated Cabinet Builders to join an industry innovator in the design of retail interior decor in Fountain Inn, SC! This is a temp to hire opportunity offering 1st shift, a climate controlled work environment, and pay range of $17+ per hour, depending on experience.
Cabinet Builder Benefits:
- 1st shift available!
- 6am to 4:30pm (Mon – Thurs, half day on Friday)
- 7am to 5:30pm (Mon – Thurs, half day on Friday)
- Overtime available on Saturdays hours depending on business needs
- Temp to hire opportunity
- Climate controlled
- Closed toe shoes required
- Extra 8 hours on birthdays!
Cabinet Builder Qualifications:
- 1-3 years’ experience in construction or building
- Must be able to perform well under deadline constraints and meet quality standards.
- If needed, willingness to work weekends and flex hours.
- Proven mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read and write sufficiently to follow work-order instructions, read equipment manuals and prepare production reports.
- Ability to work independently while utilizing problem solving, time management and organizational skills
Cabinet Builder Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate such woodworking machines as power saws to cut and shape lumber from stock; trim component parts of joints to proper fit using hand tools such as planes, chisels or wood files.
- Sand and scrap surfaces and joints of articles in preparation for finishing; install hardware such as hinges, catches, drawer pulls and knobs.
- Builds fixtures, displays, trellis and other wood items. Items are cut and sent to woodworkers with instructions on assembly.
- Makes cut lists and builds custom wedges, merchandisers, and fillers.
- Operates table saw and miter box making minimal cut for custom fixtures.
- Uses various hand tools, drills, sanders, nail guns and routers.
- Responsible for turning in labor and materials for projects; keeping area clean and responsible for all hand tools.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Additional responsibilities that are not required but good to have:
- Interpret blueprints and shop drawings to determine measurements and specifications required to construct or repair cabinets, shelves, fixtures, and other wooden articles using woodworking machines and hand tools.
- Install laminate on finished items
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.