Casting and Tooling Specialist
Recruiting Solutions is seeking a Casting and Tooling Specialist for Direct Hire with a leading automotive manufacturer Spartanburg, SC. This role offers a competitive pay range of up to $115,000 dependent on experience, a range of comprehensive benefits from the employer including relocation support, healthcare, dental, vision, 401K with company matching, PTO, and more!
Casting and Tooling Specialist Benefits included:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- On-Site Associate Family Pharmacy and Health Center
- Relocation Package & Net Lump Sum Payment up to $7500
- Prescription Program
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Income Account
- 401(k) Company Matching
- Company Vehicle Program
- Wellness: Personal Support Services, Wellbeing Rewards, Telemedicine, Condition Management, Financial Counseling
- Voluntary Plans: Off-the Job Accident Insurance, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Supplemental Life Insurance
- Work & Life Benefits: Group Legal, Identity Theft Monitoring, Home & Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Student Loan Programs
- Paid Vacation and Holidays- schedule non-production time off plus 15 paid holidays!
- Opportunity to play vital role as a valued team member in bringing cutting-edge facility to life and shaping its success from the ground up.
- International travel opportunity in visiting additional company locations for professional development and collaboration.
Casting and Tooling Specialist Job Responsibilities:
- Manages the casting and tool-built process.
- Leads suppliers project team to create transparency and overall tool status for BMW.
- Acts as a representative for company central tooling and casting management department and utilizes the supplier and company network to resolve problems.
- Supervises and develops a team of production staff to continually improve safety, talent, quality, production, and delivery performance.
- Drives a culture of problem solving and ensures a continuous improvement system is functional and in place.
- Manages daily Key Performance Indicators for area managed to include safety, talent, quality, delivery, cost and continuous improvement
- Ensures a functional audit system including layered process, standard work, health and safety and 5S audits is in place and participates in auditing.
- Ensures that operational processes within and across other shifts are being followed consistently to include: Standard work, work instructions, process sheets, TCPs, and other area specific documentation.
- Organizes material and inventory to reach productions targets and work in process goals. Evaluates production needs and assigns/adjusts available resources to meet daily demand.
- Analyzes production data to develop and execute action plan for continuous improvement.
- Ensures all equipment is routinely maintained for Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 TPM activities as applicable.
- Assesses and completes performance reviews to contain qualitative and quantitative constructive feedback.
- Drives daily Maintenance prioritization based on production needs. Leads/collaborates with cross-functional groups to understand opportunities and facilitate resolutions across other shifts.
Casting and Tooling Specialist Requirements and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical preferred OR AA/AS degree in a technical field AND 2 years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas: Tool Manufacturing, Process Engineering, Process Planning, Maintenance Management OR the equivalent of 4 years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas: Tool Manufacturing, Process Engineering, Process Planning, Maintenance Management.
- 5+ years professional experience in exterior/interior components surface development.
- 5+ years of experience with tooling development and implementation with CATIA or other equivalent CA design software.
- 5+ years of experience leading projects.
- 5+ years of experience managing suppliers.
- 5+ years ability to lead projects, train others and implement workshops related to the field of responsibility.
- 5+ years of MS Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Access).
- 3+ years of planning/organizational skills.
- 3+ years German language skills (preferred).
- 3+ years of interpersonal/communication skills.
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.