Civil Design Engineer
Title: Structural Engineer
Pay: $75K – $85K
Location: Columbia, SC area – Relocation package available
Recruiting Solutions is seeking Structural Engineers for a metal building designer and manufacturer outside the Columbia, South Carolina area. The ideal candidate has a Civil Engineering degree with an emphasis in structures and previous design experience. Our current openings are W2 employment positions; we do not hire candidates through Corp-to-Corp or C2C placements, and Recruiting Solutions will not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time. If interested please apply online or send resume to email@example.com
Structural Engineer Benefits included:
- Direct Hire
- Relocation package up to $3k
- Competitive benefits package including health, vision and dental
- Reputable company with long-term history
- Great opportunity for advancement in the company
Structural Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing all parts of the metal building system, including structural steel, wall and roof panel, secondary members, and stability bracing.
- Frame, secondary, bracing, crane, mezzanine and panel analysis using our proprietary software
- Assisting in division sales and profits by designing safe and economical structures
- Load determination per applicable codes
- Actively managing projects through effective communication with customers and other departments
- Reviewing and checking structural drawings
- Occasional travel to project meetings
- Developing safe, creative, and economical design solutions to complex engineering problems
- Working with others to continue to grow as an engineer
Structural Engineer Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering prior to starting the position
- A degree with emphasis in structures is preferred
- Completed or waiting on test results for the Fundamentals of Engineering exam
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures and housekeeping standards at all times.
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.