The Virtual Business Office is currently seeking an experienced remote Coding Manager, to join our award winning healthcare revenue cycle extended business office team. We provide revenue cycle business office solutions for our clients nationwide, and have been ranked #1 in KLAS for Extended Business Office Services for 6 consecutive years. If you are looking to join a winning team and industry leader in revenue cycle management, this is the position for you!
The Coding Manager is a leadership position that brings business knowledge, innovation, and insight to create distinctive value for VBO and its clients while creating a culture of individual ownership and accountability for high performance. The Manager interfaces directly with senior leadership to uphold the strategic direction of the organization; other Managers, Team Leads to manage client engagements efficiently and effectively; and Continuous Improvement Specialists to champion transformational change within engagement teams and the organization at large. All tasks related to this position are to be done in a manner consistent with VBO policies, procedures, quality standards, customer needs and applicable local, state and federal regulations.
This position reports directly to the Assistant Coding Director.
- Oversees daily production efforts for the Coding team to ensure successful coding and auditing efforts for the client engagement
- Continuously monitors and reports coding effectiveness and trends to implement corrective plans to report to the client engagements
- Building solid and collaborative relationships with team members, foster a productive teamwork environment, leverage diverse views to encourage innovation and help develop and grow team members throughout the course of every engagement by providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback
- Communicating with external clients and internal staff in an organized and knowledgeable manner
- Leveraging project management and project facilitation skills, especially with leading and facilitating teams
- Managing multiple, complex projects with medium to large staff teams, as well as providing the necessary controls and timely completion for client service projects
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement
- Creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; and providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues
- May perform data quality reviews on inpatient/outpatient encounters to validate the ICD-10-CM, ICD-10- PCS, CPT, and HCPCS Level II code and modifier assignments, DRG/APC group appropriateness, missed secondary diagnoses and/or procedures, and ensure compliance with all APC and DRG mandates of inpatient and outpatient reporting requirements
- Demonstrates competency in the use of computer applications and APC/DRG Grouper Software, Outpatient code edits (OCE), and all coding and abstracting software and hardware currently used by the team and the Client
- Keeps abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements and trains new staff as well as keeping current staff updated on new coding guidelines and codes
- Clear understanding of coding edits for appropriate APC and/or DRG assignment and can accurately resolve those edits
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum Degree: Bachelor’s degree or higher in business related field, Healthcare Administration preferred; equivalent combination or education and/or work experience may be considered
- Minimum Licensure/Certifications: Current AHIMA credentials (i.e. CCS, CCS-P) or AAPC credentials (i.e. COC, CIC, CPC, CPC-H) required and maintained
- Minimum Years of Experience: 7+ years of medical coding experience (facility and/or consulting) to include both inpatient and outpatient, preferably in an acute care
- Minimum Years of Leadership Experience: 5+ years of supervisory in a healthcare setting
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.