Converting Machine Operator
Recruiting Solutions is looking for a 2nd shift Converting Machine Operator for a local Paper Manufacturer in Piedmont, SC. We offer full benefits.
2nd shift Converting Machine Operator:
- 4:00pm – 12:00am Monday-Friday
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, STD and LTD, Life Insurance, 401k and Profiting Sharing, Paid Vacation, and Holidays once Hired-On
- Temp to permanent position with a great company
- Monthly Safety Raffle with cash prizes
- Employee Recognition Events (Catered Lunches, Food Trucks, etc.)
- Weekly Awards for Safety Participation/Awareness
2nd shift Converting Machine Operator Responsibilities:
- Operate equipment and machines within established guidelines to ensure product meets quality standards; maintain awareness of product quality and adjust process within specifications to attain high quality output.
- Inspecting machine and checking items produced for proper quality specifications.
- Organizing process area to increase production, reduce safety risks and improve efficiency.
- Working with maintenance to improve machine reliability.
- Load and Unload web fed paper rolls.
- Learn material paper grades.
- Collect and inspect random samples during print runs to identify any necessary adjustments.
- Adjust and maintain coater operations.
- Examine job orders to determine quantities to be coated, stock specifications, colors, or special coating instructions.
- Monitor paper feed through press cylinders and adjust feed and tension controls.
- Input production job settings into workstation terminals that control automated coating/printing systems.
- Load presses with paper and make necessary adjustments, according to paper size.
- Monitor automated press operation systems and respond to fault, error, or alert messages.
- Verify that paper and coating meet the specifications for a given job.
- Maintain time or production records.
- Operate in a safe and productive manner.
2nd Shift Converting Machine Operator Requirements:
- 3+ years previous machine operation or technician experience in a similar environment is required.
- 3+ years manufacturing experience preferred.
- Previous experience with rewinders or slitting preferred.
- Prior experience in rod coating operations or wide printing presses preferred.
- Previous machine operation experience in a paper converting environment preferred.
- Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled environment which is hot in the summer months and comfortable during cooler weather.
- Must be team oriented and have the ability to lead and direct a team.
- Must be able to lift between 50 to 75 lbs, repetitively without any assistance.
- Must be able to stand, walk, push, pull, squat, reach overhead, twist and bend regularly to complete job tasks.
- Must be mathematically inclined and know how to convert fractions and measurements.
- Must be able to achieve production output in a fast-paced environment.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude is required.
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.