Recruiting Solutions is seeking a Dispatch Supervisor for our client in Piedmont, South Carolina! This position offers a competitive pay range of $70,000 to $80,000 per year as well as a range of benefits that you could be eligible for such as healthcare, dental, vision, disability, 401K, and life insurance! The ideal candidate will have experience with long haul dispatching and backhaul operations, strong customer service and relationship building skills for company growth, and experience reviewing and reporting on key metrics for dispatch and backhaul operations.
- First shift hours
- Opportunity to advance with a growing company
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance options
- Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance
- Life Insurance coverage
- 401k plan and Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
Dispatch Supervisor Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage all dispatching, routing, and tracking activities for transportation assets.
- Plan, organize, and oversee staff to ensure work is consistently completed to meet company standards.
- Investigate and resolve complaints from customers or shippers directly.
- Collaborate with staff to establish transportation-related procedures, revenue goals, and customer service objectives.
- Communicate vehicle maintenance needs and limitations to ensure safe and efficient transportation.
- Ensure compliance with transportation-related policies, safety regulations, and government requirements.
- Oversee inbound drivers and set work standards to maintain high performance levels.
- Accurately input data into transportation management systems to track progress and optimize operations.
- Serve as a liaison between production operations and transportation to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develop and communicate realistic and measurable goals to motivate and guide the team.
Dispatch Supervisor Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in logistics, business management, engineering, or related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the transportation industry.
- Solid knowledge of transportation, DOT Compliance, and IFTA.
- Critical thinking skills and knowledge of analytics.
- Ability to understand and react to changing freight markets.
- Experience working with transport management systems such as Prophesy
- Ability to work well with team members and navigate stressful situations.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good conflict resolution skills.
- Positive attitude.
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.