Electrical Maintenance Technician
Title: Electrical Maintenance Technician
Pay: Ranges based on experience/education from $18-$24 hourly.
Shift: Openings on both 1st shift (6am – 4:30 M-TH) and 2nd shift (4:00pm – 2:30am M-TH)
Job Type: Direct Hire
Recruiting Solutions is seeking Electrical Maintenance Technicians on both 1st and 2nd shift for a reputable pipe supplier company in Columbia, South Carolina! We are searching for multiple candidates who are heavily skilled mechanically and some who are equally skilled electrically that are comfortable working in a non-climate controlled space. Submitted candidates are subject to a maintenance test.
Electrical Maintenance Technician Benefits:
- Eligible for pay increase after evaluation period
- 7% shift differential
- Benefits package
Electrical Maintenance Technician Duties and Responsibilities:
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, lighting fixtures, control systems and PLC’s.
- Tests malfunctioning machinery. Discusses malfunction with supervisor to diagnose malfunction, using schematics, diagrams, manuals, PLC programs and appropriate test equipment.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, motors, position sensing devices, bearing and wiring.
- Properly documents all activities and equipment modifications per maintenance department guidelines.
- Pushes buttons and presses keys on robot controller and programmable controller to program automated machinery, such as robots, to operate automated machinery, to test for malfunctions, and to verify repairs.
- Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices as instructed for project support.
- Performs preventive maintenance by lubricating and cleaning parts, replacing components, and following other PM procedures.
- Initiates work orders for corrective maintenance tasks; provides backup support for retooling activities.
- Coordinates extensively with maintenance mechanics to accomplish overall plant maintenance requirements.
- Actively promotes and participates in all continuous improvement and safety initiatives.
- Actively pursues all training opportunities and applies them to subsequent maintenance tasks.
Electrical Maintenance Technician Requirement and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Associates Degree preferred
- 3-5+ years extensive experience in maintenance of a manufacturing environment
- Required Maintenance Test for this role*
- Basic experience with PLC’s, VFD’s and computers
- Ability to work with automation, production, and computer systems
- Ability to read blueprints; electrical/electronic schematic interpretation; read and interpret safety instructions, operating instructions and general work instructions.
- Ability to perform multi-skilled tasks including mechanical maintenance, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical drives and advanced electrical controls and automation.
- Above average math skills – proportions, percentages, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Knowledge of electronic and electro-hydraulic systems
- Understand basic high/low level voltage
- Preventive maintenance on highly automated machinery (packaging machinery, handling equipment, etc.)
- Welding and Fabrication skills related to the modification of existing equipment, machinist experience is a plus.
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.