Recruiting Solutions is seeking an Equipment Engineer as they are making a $1.7 billion dollar investment in their Spartanburg, SC facility for EV and battery production. This position offers a unique opportunity to actively support the implementation and start-up phase of an innovative battery plant dedicated to the automotive industry, offering a competitive pay range of up to $110,880 based on experience as well as a range of comprehensive benefits from the employer including relocation support, healthcare, dental, vision, 401K with company matching, PTO, and more!
Equipment Engineer Benefits included:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Family Pharmacy and Health Center
- Relocation Packaging Available.
- 401(k) Company Matching
- Paid Vacation and Holidays- schedule non-production time off plus 15 paid holidays!
- Opportunity to play vital role as a valued team member in bringing cutting-edge facility to life and shaping its success from the ground up.
- International travel opportunity in visiting additional company locations for professional development and collaboration.
- Vehicle Lease Program.
- Wellness support services.
Equipment Engineer: What you Bring :
- Defines the Standards and Best Practice solutions for conveyors and assembly equipment and manages project planning, installation, start-up and acceptance, as well as provides engineering support of new installations and optimization measures of the conveyor and equipment technology in assembly.
- Plans technical equipment within Assembly.
- Defines the Standards and Best Practice of the conveyor and equipment technology in assembly and aligns them with the central functions.
- Evaluates concepts with technical and financial focus and is driving necessary changes according to the Standards.
- Project oriented planning and realization of measures in collaboration with the internal customer as well as external suppliers.
- Determines the optimal solutions in regard to costs, quality, ergonomics, technical innovation and environment.
- Provides cost estimation (Invest, Budget), technical specification and request for quotes.
- Evaluates, coordinates and compiles bidder circle, call for bids, offer evaluation, recommendation for the award of contracts, acceptance of the equipment from the suppliers and handing over to the operator. Plans and realizes high complex projects with a financial volume up to $25 Million.
- Deals with internal and external vendors and customers and collaborates with the management teams. Develops and implements equipment countermeasures to improve equipment reliability.
- Ensures all equipment design is capable of 98% uptime (Assembly equipment uptime).
- Ensures all assigned countermeasures are developed on schedule and effective (Assembly Countermeasures).
- Ensures all assigned projects are on schedule and at or under approved budget (Assembly variance to budget).
- Understands and models VPS (Value Added Production System) Principles and concepts of Standard Work and Problem Solving.
- Adheres to 5S and Safety Standards and Principles.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Equipment Engineer Requirements and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering preferred) or the equivalent of 4 years of engineering experience in the automotive industry.
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering environment (automotive process or automotive).
- 3+ years of experience of managing projects including experience with structural modification measures in several equipment and/or controls planning projects.
- 3+ years’ experience in assembly conveyor and equipment.
- 3+ years long and short-term project management experience (continuous improvement, process analysis, equipment planning).
- 3+ years’ experience using Microsoft office applications.
- 2+ years cross functional communication experience. Ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications.
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.