Injection Molding Maintenance Technician
Recruiting Solutions is seeking an Injection Molding Maintenance Technician for a privately held family-owned company in the Cowpens, SC area. This is a direct-hire position with competitive pay and benefits. This position also offers a range of benefits that an employee may enroll in including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as 401k! This is a Night Shift position. The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of experience with PLC, hydraulic, electrical, Injection molding machine troubleshooting and high-speed packaging equipment repair.
- Ensure that all work undertaken is carried out safely and without injury.
- Ensure that all food safety issues are reported to the appropriate manager or supervisor.
- Ensures Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) are followed at all times (no jewelry, cell phone, nicotine in any form, etc.)
- Housekeeping duties as needed.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds unassisted and while standing/walking for duration of shift.
- Develop, implement, and support Continuous Improvement Programs
- Initiates corrective action for non-conformance.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and enter into See It, Sort It, Report It system.
- Able and willing to wear appropriate PPE as required.
- Duties as assigned per Maintenance Manager Maintenance Functions
- Participates in pass down meeting with previous shift Maintenance Technician
- Daily review of Maintenance Communication Board for outstanding action items
- Timely response to maintenance related machine issues which are safety related.
- Assist with completion of machine PMs and repairs.
- Complete work orders through MVP when not working on urgent repairs.
- Enter appropriate information in OPS Tracker and MVP daily.
- Work on Continuous improvement projects assigned by Maintenance Manager
- Respond to any emergency or potential emergency.
- Support tooling department as needed.
- 1-2 years’ experience in the following areas: PLC/PC controlled machinery, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic troubleshooting and maintenance and repair of plant utilities
- Injection machine troubleshooting preferred.
- High speed packaging equipment repair preferred.
- Working knowledge of injection processing preferred
- ISO or similar quality system and SQF or similar food safety system preferred.
- Developing competency or knowledge in the following areas: windows-based programs, blueprint reading, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical code/controls, PLC, machine shop equipment, metal fabrication, mechanical principles, basic welding
- Basic electrical troubleshooting of machinery and ability to read and electrical schematic
- Working knowledge of replacing heater bands, heat relays, and troubleshooting heat zones
- Working knowledge of servicing hydraulics and replacing hydraulic pumps
- Working knowledge of troubleshooting pneumatics systems
- Education/Requirements: High school diploma or technical college diploma in related field preferred
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.