Recruiting Solutions is seeking a Maintenance Manager for a Direct Hire opportunity for a Paper Converting Facility in Piedmont, South Carolina! This position offers a competitive salary range of $80,000 to $100,000 per year as well as a range of benefits provided by the employer that you could be eligible for such as healthcare, dental, vision, 401K with profit sharing, disability and life insurance!
- 1st Shift Maintenance Manager Role
- Competitive Benefits available through employer including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD and LTD, Life Insurance, 401k and Profiting Sharing, Paid Vacation, and Holidays
Maintenance Manager Job Responsibilities:
The Maintenance Manager will define, plan, and lead all equipment and facilities
maintenance activities. This individual must be a high energy, self-directed, self-starter
with the ability to manage and complete projects with minimal guidance and
supervision. The ability to lead and develop a team is essential. To perform this position
successfully, candidate must possess solid technical and mechanical ability, skills,
knowledge, and experience. Soft “people” skills are required to work in the teamoriented environment, within the organization, and with external suppliers.
- Manages a team of 5 to ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by coordinating preventive maintenance requirements on production machines, motors, hydraulics, specialty tools, and rollers; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Prepares and distributes mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains filing and data tracking systems to locate and prevent recurring maintenance trends with machinery.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Familiar with PLC operations.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines requirements of parts by inspecting used parts, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Controls downtime thru scheduling and informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
Maintenance Manager Requirements and Qualifications:
- Previous supervisory or management experience required (minimum 5-8 years).
- 5-8 years manufacturing equipment maintenance experience required.
- General knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Must possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to interact within all levels of the organizations.
- Technical degree preferred.
- Must be able to read building prints and electrical schematics.
- Self-starter who is motivated to solve problems quickly to support manufacturing operations.
- Must be able to multitask and manage several projects at a time. Proven ability to delegate tasks and coordinate manpower as needed in order to achieve production goals.
- Willingness to change, flex and learn in a rapidly changing environment.
- Teamwork oriented.
- Innovative approach to solving problems.
- Basic computer skills–proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and spend most of the time on your feet.
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.