Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Pay: Ranges based on experience/education from $28 – $35 hourly.
2nd Shift: 4:00pm – 2:30am; Monday – Thursday (determining needs)
Job Type: Direct Hire
Recruiting Solutions is seeking Maintenance Supervisor on 2nd shift for a reputable company in Columbia, South Carolina! We are searching for candidates who are heavily skilled mechanically and some who are equally skilled electrically that are comfortable working in a non-climate controlled space. Submitted candidates are subject to a maintenance test.
Benefits Maintenance Supervisor:
- Eligible for pay increase after evaluation period
- 7% shift differential
- Benefits package
Job Responsibilities of the Maintenance Supervisor:
- Insures employees properly connect power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Oversees maintenance functions and optimization projects on high precision manufacturing and handling equipment including process chillers and dust handling systems.
- Oversees the troubleshooting for electrical problems with single phase and 3 phase motors, wiring and controls.
- Oversees the diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, lighting fixtures, control systems and PLC’s.
- Discusses malfunction with techs and assist to diagnose malfunction, using schematics, diagrams, manuals, PLC programs and appropriate test equipment.
- Insures the replacements of faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, motors, position sensing devices, bearing and wiring are completed correctly.
- Properly documents all activities and equipment modifications per maintenance department guidelines.
- Over sees the layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings.
- Oversees all preventive maintenance
- Insures techs coordinate extensively with maintenance mechanics to accomplish overall plant maintenance requirements.
- Actively promotes and participates in all continuous improvement and safety initiatives.
- Actively pursues all training opportunities and applies them to subsequent maintenance tasks.
Requirements and Qualifications of the Maintenance Supervisor:
- High School Diploma/ GED Required
- Must have at least 3-5 years of applicable maintenance supervision
- 2-3 years welding/fabrication experience is a plus
- Extensive experience with PLC’s, VFD’s and computers
- Ability to work with automation, production, and computer systems
- Prior experience reading blueprints; electrical/electronic schematic interpretation; reading and interpreting safety instructions, operating instructions and general work instructions.
- Prior experience overseeing mechanical maintenance, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical drives and advanced electrical controls and automation.
- Above average math skills – proportions, percentages, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to lead a team
- Knowledge of electronic and electro-hydraulic systems
- Understand basic high/low level voltage
- Prior preventive maintenance on highly automated machinery (packaging machinery, handling equipment, etc.) experience
- Prior Welding and Fabrication skills related to the modification of existing equipment, machinist experience is a plus.
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.