Recruiting Solutions is seeking a Manual Machinist for a Direct Hire Opportunity supporting the toolroom with an industrial client located in Liberty, SC! Our client is a world leader in the manufacture of fire sprinklers and related systems. There are opportunities on 2nd and 3rd shift, and this position offers a competitive pay range of $23 to $28 per hour, plus shift differential, as well as a range of benefits including healthcare, dental, 401K, PTO, Holidays and more!
Manual Machinist Benefits included:
- Opportunities across multiple shifts: 2nd, 3rd shift opportunities
- Medical, Dental, and FSA are available the 1st of the month following your start date
- 401k with company match is available 1st of the month after 90 days of employment
- Company-provided Life Insurance and AD&D are provided 1st of the month after 90 days of employment at no cost to employee
- 3 PTO days after 60 days of employment (hourly and non-exempt positions only)
- 2 weeks of vacation after 6 months of employment
- 10 paid holidays
- Opportunity to advance with a growing company
Manual Machinist Job Responsibilities:
- Interpret blueprints, sketches, models, and work orders to determine necessary materials and visualize the shape of machine parts or tools
- Plan layouts and determine assembly methods or sequence of operations, and set up and operate machine tools to cut, shape, and trim prototypes to specified length or shape
- Ensure conformance of machined parts to specifications by inspecting and verifying dimensions, alignments, and clearances
- Make recommendations for design modifications of current or previously used dies, tools, jigs, and fixtures, and develop specifications for specialty tools by sketching or drawing product designs
- Maintain a safe work environment by following all rules and procedures, wearing appropriate personal protective equipment, and reporting any unsafe conditions or practices to the supervisor
- Perform other job-related duties as directed
Manual Machinist Requirements and Qualifications:
- Possess an Associate's Degree in CNC Machining or a related field, and have at least 2 years of experience as a Machinist or Toolmaker
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and accuracy, and have strong organizational and critical thinking skills to identify strengths and weaknesses
- Prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner, and possess excellent verbal, written, and reading comprehension skills
- Collaborate effectively with team members, and interpret blueprints, sketches, models, and/or descriptions
- Understand design techniques, tools, and principles, and apply machine systems knowledge to fabricate, maintain, and identify improvement opportunities
- Troubleshoot and solve machine problems, and use hand tools and large-scale machines effectively
- Apply basic algebra and geometry concepts to hold a tolerance as close as + – .005
- Have knowledge in hydraulics, welding, pneumatics, brazing, and soldering, and be proficient in CNC equipment
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office, CMM systems, 3D Modeling, and CAD Software Systems.
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.