Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Title: Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Pay: Ranges based on experience/education from $18-$23 hourly.
Shift: 4:00pm – 2:30am; Monday – Thursday
Job Type: Direct Hire
Recruiting Solutions is seeking Mechanical Maintenance Technician for a reputable pipe manufacturing company in Columbia, South Carolina! We are searching candidates who are heavily skilled mechanically and are comfortable working in a non-climate controlled space. Submitted candidates are subject to a maintenance test onsite during the interview process
Mechanical Maintenance Technician Benefits:
- Eligible for pay increase after evaluation period.
- 7% shift differential.
- Opportunity for weekly overtime
- Benefits package.
Mechanical Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- Complies with all company safety rules and procedures.
- Identifies, advises and implements safety improvements.
- Performs various Reactive & Preventative Maintenance tasks on production equipment.
- Ability to learn production equipment processes and operations to aid in machine troubleshooting and operation support.
- Tests malfunctioning machinery. Discusses malfunction with supervisor to diagnose malfunction, using schematics, diagrams, manuals, and appropriate test equipment.
- Performs maintenance functions and optimization projects on high precision manufacturing and handling equipment including process chillers and dust handling systems.
- Identifies warning signs of impending equipment failure.
- Uses experience to identify and implement improvements.
- Services, repairs, adjust and tests machines, devices and equipment.
- Assists other departments with preventative maintenance tasks.
- Performs basic troubleshooting for electrical problems with single phase and 3 phase motors, wiring and controls.
- Collaborates with team in the repair or removal of machines, machine parts, or equipment.
- Uses experience and creativity to fix or repair machinery breakdowns to minimize downtime.
Mechanical Maintenance Technician Requirement and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- 3-5 years extensive experience in maintenance of a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work with automation, production, and computer systems.
- Welding and Fabrication skills related to the modification of existing equipment, machinist experience preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend mechanical and electrical drawings/diagrams.
- Above average math skills such as proportions, percentages, circumference, and volume.
- Understand basic high/low level voltage.
- Preventive maintenance on highly automated machinery (packaging machinery, handling equipment, etc.).
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.