Patient Accounting Associate
Our Healthcare Advisory Division in Columbia, SC is seeking multiple Patient Accounting Associates to assist our variety of hospitals nationwide. The primary objective of the role is to utilize industry knowledge and training to reconcile outstanding and denied medical claims.
We are looking for driven and professional individuals who love a challenge, and are career minded. This is an entry-level position, but prior experience in Hospital or Medical Billing will give you an edge! If you are a driven candidate, who is looking to expand your knowledge in a fast-paced growing industry, this is the right opportunity for you!
Below are a few highlighted benefits provided by our company:
- Comprehensive training
- Bonus incentives
- Flexible schedule
- Opportunity to grow!
Patient Accounting Associate Essential Functions:
- Follow up with claims utilizing various research methods including, determination of outstanding balance, online research, and telephone calls to payers surrounding claims status
- Research and resolve private and government insurance claims for errors in how they were processed, and correct errors through our corrections process
- Work in multiple system platforms including hospital billing portals, company billing portals, Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems and payer portals to resolve denied or outstanding claims
- Document claim progress in multiple systems in a compliant manner
- Utilize and research industry practices to resolve denied medical claims
- Remain open-minded to change and demonstrate flexibility
- Demonstrate ownership and personal accountability with the accounts being analyzed
Patient Accounting Associate Requirements and Qualifications: *
- High School Diploma/ GED required; Associates or Bachelors preferred
- Must be proficient in MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word
- Medical Billing and Coding Certification is a plus
- Knowledge with ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT coding as well as other industry knowledge is preferred
- 1+ years Healthcare administration experience is preferred(healthcare reimbursement, medical front office, medical billing, etc.)
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be driven, and self-accountable
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.