Pipe Production Manager
Title: Pipe Production Manager
Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Direct Hire
Recruiting Solutions has an immediate need for an experienced Pipe Production Manager for a pipe manufacturing company in the Columbia, SC area! The ideal candidate has 3-7 years of experience in heavy machine operations along with welding and 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
Pipe Production Manager Benefits:
- Eligible for pay increase after evaluation period.
- Opportunity for weekly overtime.
- Benefits package.
Pipe Production Manager Responsibilities:
- Directs and coordinates activities of operators in the Pipe Production department.
- Supervising associates in setting up and operating arc welding machine that seam-welds rolled plate to form large diameter spiral fabricated pipe, operating a variety of welding and related equipment to repair pipe.
- Prepares daily operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications for Mill, Selection, and Repair Rack crews.
- Reviews Pipe Production department production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization. Formally reports to Maintenance on equipment issues in the form of emails and work requests for equipment repairs.
- Trains and assists hourly employees as needed to ensure adequate quality and productivity.
- Determines amounts of stock and supplies required for operations, based on production schedules, and requisitions materials from purchasing department.
- Confers with Pipe Production crew operators to determine progress of work and to provide information on changes in processing methods.
- Suggests changes to working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of Pipe Production crew.
- Reads customer specification and drawings to determine requirements for setting up pipe for Pipe Production operations.
- Oversee repairs or replacement of defective parts.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
Pipe Production Manager Requirements:
- Associates degree referred.
- At least 3 – 7 years of experience in heavy equipment management in a welding environment.
- Welding experience preferred.
- At least 3 – 5 years of supervisory experience.
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.