Preventative Maintenance Technician
Recruiting Solutions is seeking Preventative Maintenance Technicians for a privately held family-owned company in the Cowpens, SC area. This is a direct-hire position with competitive pay and benefits. This position also offers a range of benefits that an employee may enroll in including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as 401k! This is a 12-hour day shift rotation schedule. The ideal candidate will have at least 1-2 years of experience in preventative maintenance. Experience with hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems.
The purpose of this role is to keep all machines in good running condition by doing planned preventive maintenance.
- Ensures that all work undertaken is carried out safely and without injury
- Ensures Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) are always followed (no jewelry, cell phone, nicotine in any form, etc.)
- Ensures that all food safety issues are reported to the appropriate manager or supervisor
- Housekeeping duties performed throughout the shift
- Ability to lift 35 pounds unassisted and while standing/walking for duration of shift
- Develop, implement, and support Continuous Improvement Programs
- Initiates corrective action for non-conformances
- Identify Opportunities for Improvement and enter See It, Sort It, Report It System
- Able and willing to wear appropriate PPE as required
- Duties as assigned per Maintenance Manager
- Performing preventative maintenance on all production machinery, including compressed air filters, water systems, resin systems, silos, box erectors and bagging machinery
- Communicate to shift supervisor and quality after completion of PM
- Participates in pass down meeting with previous shift Maintenance Technician
- Cleaning up oil, changing filters, wiping down equipment/guarding, general housekeeping
- Enter appropriate information in the OPS Tracker and MVP for Work order completion daily
- Respond to any emergency or potential emergency
- Providing additional support to the maintenance/tooling department as required
- Working Knowledge of the following areas: windows-based programs, blueprint reading, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical code/controls, PLC, metal fabrication, basic welding
- Knowledge of or developing competency in the following areas: use of hand tools, overhead crane operation, calipers or micrometers, use of power tools, maintenance shop equipment, understanding of mechanical principles
- 1-2 years’ experience with preventative maintenance programs
- Working knowledge of injection processing preferred
- Electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic repair experience preferred
- Troubleshooting machinery in manufacturing environment preferred
- ISO or similar quality system and SQF or similar food safety system preferred
- High school diploma or technical college diploma in related field preferred
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.