Recruiting Solutions Inc. is seeking an experienced and dedicated Process Technician for a Manufacturing company. The Process Technician will work as part of a team having responsibility for the manufacture of a finished product or a component of a finished product. The Process Technician will produce parts by setting up and operating various pieces of equipment. This position can train other associates on equipment and processes. This position will have the responsibility to improve equipment setup time, reduce equipment downtime, reduce overall cycle time, and/or reduce quality issues created by equipment or processes of all machine processes. Process Technician will follow standard work procedures and practice safe work habits for assigned tasks.
Essential Duties & Responsibility:
- Work as a team member to obtain plant and departmental goals.
- Ensure that production jobs are running to appropriate cycle specifications for maximum yields.
- Analyze molding defects to determine the root cause and initiates material, machine, process, or tooling remedies.
- Recommends tooling and/or machine improvements for mold repairs, processes, yields, scrap, waste, etc.
- Responds to alarms and takes corrective action involving quality issues, processing, and/or minor machine, mold, and auxiliary equipment repairs.
- Effectively communicate with the shift personnel regarding part quality, equipment, special instructions, corrective action, and productivity.
- Responsible for assisting in the improvement of all production cells set-ups, including process, cycles, scrap reduction or any areas that lead to improved efficiencies.
- Communicates with other process technicians, shift supervisors and all technical employees on technical issues.
- Must be able to process product with little to no supervision.
- Provide technical assistance in maintaining expected levels of productivity to fulfill scheduling and quality requirements.
- Maintains detailed information within the current reporting formats, on statistics, processes, and procedures.
- Assists other technical personnel in the trouble-shooting process for cost effective solutions.
- Check’s tooling, machines, and auxiliary equipment to identify issues and provides work orders to appropriate support departments.
- Complies with government regulations in adherence of EPA, MSDS, Lock/Out-Tag/Out and all other proper safety standards.
- Trains and mentors other process technicians in on-the-job mold and process routines.
- Updates and maintains all documentation or procedure when changes occur.
- Keeps current on new technology and developments regarding areas of responsibility, as time allows.
- Actively participate in production floor improvements.
- Perform housekeeping duties as needed or assigned
- Maintain lot control traceability
- Control of non-conforming product
- Manage scrap identification & flow within production
- Uphold Safety Absolutes
- Work and perform to ISO Standards, SOPs, and established Work Instructions.
- Uphold Quality Standards and follow the Absolutes.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Capable of physical mobility including sitting, bending, twisting, standing, and lifting.
- Capable of reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Capable of operating a forklift in a safe and cautious manner, certified.
- Some computers experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to problem solve, interpret instructions in numerous formats
- Basic math skills with the ability to use rulers, micrometers, calipers & other measuring devices
- Capable of lifting to 35lbs periodically.
- Capable of complying with all Safety requirements including the use of PPE: PPE includes but is not limited to Bump Cap or Hard Hat, Safety Eyewear or Prescription Safety Eyewear, Safety Shoes, Hearing Protection and Disposable Mask.
- Capable of maintaining an attendance record within Company guidelines and working required overtime.
- High School Graduate or equivalent. Some college preferred plus 5 years of hands-on experience in the operation/set-up of computer programmable plastic injection molding machines.
- Working knowledge of molding theory preferred
- Negative drug screen results.
- Work in a safe manner
- Ability to interpret work orders
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time while performing repetitive work.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Available to work any shift.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Blueprint reading
- Reading of measurement equipment
- Experience in operating injection mold equipment
- 2-year Technical degree
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.