Recruiting Solutions Inc. is seeking an experienced and dedicated Processing Engineer for a Manufacturing company. The Plastics Processing Engineer is responsible for the development, optimization, and troubleshooting of plastic processing methods within the manufacturing environment. This role requires a comprehensive understanding of various plastics processing techniques, specifically Injection Molding and Plastic Extrusion. The engineer will work closely with production teams, equipment vendors, and design engineers to ensure that plastic parts meet quality, cost, and efficiency standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process Development and Optimization
- Develop, validate, and optimize plastics processing parameters.
- Recommend and implement process improvements to increase product quality and manufacturing efficiency.
- Introduce new technologies and methods to enhance production capabilities.
- Diagnose and resolve processing issues, utilizing root cause analysis.
- Provide technical support to the production team during setup and production runs.
- Work with maintenance teams to ensure equipment functionality and minimize downtime.
- Quality Assurance
- Collaborate with the Quality team to establish standards for product quality.
- Participate in failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) processes to identify potential risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Ensure that products comply with all relevant regulations and standards.
- Collaboration and Communication
- Work closely with design engineers to ensure manufacturability of new products.
- Engage with suppliers and equipment vendors to optimize tooling and equipment specifications.
- Facilitate training for operators and technicians on new equipment and processes.
- Documentation and Reporting
- Maintain thorough documentation of processing parameters, machine settings, and best practices.
- Generate and analyze process performance metrics to guide decision-making and continuous improvement.
- Provide regular updates on project status, challenges, and solutions to management.
- Safety and Compliance
- Uphold safety protocols and standards within the plastics processing area.
- Ensure that all processes and equipment are in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Plastics Engineering, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in a plastics processing or manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of various plastics processing techniques.
- Proficient in using process simulation software and analytical tools.
- Familiarity with industry-specific quality standards and regulations.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment, standing for extended periods, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Certification from relevant industry associations.
- Experience with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies.
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.