Project Manager | Responsibilities and Metrics
The primary purpose of this position is to support the organizational client engagement goals/management and colleagues of the VBO by efficiently and effectively managing the responsibilities of complex organization-wide projects in a fast-paced, demanding environment. In this position you will be responsible for prioritizing projects, tasks, and work assignments to keep all assigned projects moving forward. In this position, you will support Directors of VBO growth initiatives as well as the Senior Director of Operations with various administrative functions. All tasks related to this position are to be done in a manner consistent with VBO policies, procedures, quality standards, customer needs and applicable local, state and federal regulations.
- Works with the VBO executive leadership to determine the following for client engagements:
- Determine project requirements, scope, resources, cost and timelines
- Develop business case requirements documentation, project charters, project schedules, communication plans, and issues/risk lists
- Make recommendations including preparing business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for initiatives and expenditures
- Track progress of initiatives and work with initiative leads to keep the project on schedule
- Assist with periodic initiative reports to keep VBO Leadership and/or VBO ISC apprised on initiative progress
- Drive project milestones through implementation
- Participates in educational programs to stay abreast of industry trends and changes in technology and keeps staff informed of applicable changes.
- Leads by example and enforces VBO policies and procedures.
- Possesses ability to professionally communicate (in all forms) with clients.
- Consistently meets and enforces all established department standards including quality, attendance and deadlines.
- Possesses a cooperative and positive attitude toward clients, management and co-workers by responding politely and professionally and being a valued team player.
- Adheres to the HIPAA privacy and security regulations.
- Accepts change with a positive attitude.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Experience within healthcare revenue cycle management or other healthcare project management experience preferred
- PMP Certification preferred
- Expert knowledge of all MS Office suite technology, including Microsoft Project, and other Project Management Tools
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot difficult situations and figure out a reasonable resolution
- Ability to pay attention to details and "think outside the box"
- Self-starter, proactive and ability to maintain focus with minimal supervision
- Possess organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects with strict deadlines simultaneously.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships that will foster teamwork
Job Requirements and Preferences
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree or higher required in business related field, Healthcare Administration preferred; equivalent combination of education and/or work experience may be considered
- Minimum Years of Experience: 5+ years in a project management role specifically managing large projects or client engagement
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.