Recruiting Solutions is seeking a Quality Engineer for a Direct Hire Opportunity with a Tier 1 automotive supplier located in Spartanburg, South Carolina! This is position offers a competitive pay range beginning at $80,000 per year as well as a range of benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off.
Quality Engineer Benefits:
- Opportunity to work and be actively engaged on the production floor with a fast paced Tier 1 automotive supplier
- Comprehensive Benefits including Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Rx, Life insurance, disability coverage
- 401K with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement Eligibility
- And More!
Quality Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Manage customer-specific Advanced Quality Planning requirements, ensuring compliance with customer and internal systems during product launches.
- Collaborate with the Launch team to ensure the completion of launch deliverables and the timely identification and resolution of critical issues.
- Utilize resources, best practices, and experience to achieve quality and business objectives in new product development.
- Lead, develop, and manage quality systems within the assigned area of responsibility, coordinating with customers, suppliers, launch personnel, and manufacturing staff.
- Lead Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) activities for internal and external suppliers, including Design and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA & PFMEA) and Control Plans.
- Monitor supplier PPAP readiness and approvals.
- Maintain APQP documentation and support the corrective action process, including the preparation and submission of customer-required documentation and construction of 8D problem-solving responses.
- Support certification audits and promote safety within the manufacturing facility.
- Manage Gaging needs and Fixture design, ensuring on-time builds and successful prove-outs.
- Provide support across different shifts, primarily working on the first shift.
Quality Engineer Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in quality manufacturing.
- Proficient knowledge of automotive industry APQP tools, including Process Flow, PFMEA, Control Plan, PPAP, PSOs, etc.
- IATF certification is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and have a good understanding of geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Capable of generating, following, and explaining detailed proposals and operating procedures, such as assembly instructions, inspection procedures, and capital proposals.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%.
- High energy, ability to energize others, and a strong desire to achieve.
- Ability to take decisive stands on issues in a tactful manner.
- Execution-focused, able to work through challenges and achieve goals.
- Continual personal development and adaptability, open to receiving feedback.
- Resourceful, able to find solutions despite barriers and limited resources.
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.