Quality Lab Technician
Title: Quality Lab Technician
Pay: $19 – $27hr
Shift: 7pm – 7am
Location: Greenville, SC
Job Type: Direct Hire
Recruiting Solutions is seeking Quality Lab Technicians for an automotive plastics manufacturer in Greenville, South Carolina! The ideal candidate has 2 years of injection molding experience with the ability to use hand held measuring tools like calipers, bore gauge, height stand, etc.
Quality Lab Technician Benefits included:
- Competitive benefits package including health, vision and dental.
- $1.00 shift differential for night shift.
- Stable company offering long-term stability.
- Great opportunity for advancement in the company.
Quality Lab Technician Job Responsibilities:
- Performs precision measurements on products and associated gauging to verify part conformance to specification of injection molded components according to requirements detailed on inspection plans.
- Follow protocols and procedures for Control of Non-Conforming Product.
- Perform visual inspections which meet and exceed Control Plan requirements
- Operates and utilizes hand held measuring tools (calipers, bore gauge, height stand, etc.) and other measurement equipment as necessary to verify inspection plan requirements.
- Documents measurement results and problems on specified forms and/or SPC database and actively participates in problem resolution
- Performs first piece measurement of mold startups, shutdowns, and regular shift checks
- Identifies and stores retain samples.
- Initiates containment for defective components and assists in sorting/inspection activities
- Practices 5S principles in all aspects of job responsibilities
- Perform measurements on incoming components
- Perform Capabilities & MSA studies for new and existing parts
- Knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing principles including but not limited to: Kaizen, Standard Work, Jidoka, 5S, and other elements of lean manufacturing.
Quality Lab Technician Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- ASQ CQI preferred.
- 2 years of injection molding experience.
- Proficient in the use of quality measurement equipment to include micro-view, micrometer, calipers, gage blocks, dial indicator, basic electronic equipment, pin gages, digital scales, SPC database ***
- General understanding of SPC techniques
- Knowledge of proper measurement techniques
- Ability to read and comprehend basic engineering blueprints
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.