Senior Applications Programmer
Recruiting Solutions is seeking a Senior Applications Programmer for a direct hire opportunity with a reputable finance client in Columbia, South Carolina! We offer a competitive salary range of $75,000 – $90,000 as well as a range of benefits that you could be eligible for such as healthcare, dental, vision, disability and life insurance! If you are an experienced Applications Programmer looking to take that next step up in your career this is an ideal position for you!
Note: New contractors are expected to work remotely until decision is made to move back in the office. We ask that all candidates have their own personal computer and internet connection. A new contractor can expect to use a soft token (app download on their phone) to have access to client systems during this time.
- Weekly pay as a Recruiting Solutions employee
- Direct Hire opportunity!
- Excellent benefits package and opportunity for yearly bonus!
- Excellent schedule (M-F, 8-5) with occasional OT!
Senior Applications Programmer Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate or lead in analyzing functional requirements, identify inaccuracies and inconsistencies
- Work with Business Analyst to develop and clarify requirements
- Work with multiple consultants to insure project stays on track
- Work with an enterprise team on the development and components of application
- Lead a team of 4-5 developers
- Communicate directly with stakeholders to provide updates, timelines, and to insure progress of the development phases resulting in applicable application
- Develop analysis diagrams such as use cases, flow diagrams etc. to document and communicate analysis results or issues to the project team
- Understand and use AgFirst design standards and guidelines for designing applications and software modules
- Use Microsoft tools such as Visual Studio, VSTS, and SQL manager for software development
- Maintain existing systems in production by analyzing performance and taking action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with manager and business owner
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being stored and processed
- Maintain technical currency by keeping skills up to date through training, conferences, reading and collaboration with others
Senior Applications Programmer Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a 4 year or an Associate Degree in data processing or computer science or related field
- 2-4 years of experience in banking/financial solution analysis, maintenance or application development using Microsoft development or other similar development tools
- Working knowledge of C#.NET, Angular JS, R, Python, Node JS, no-code/low-code development tools, dashboarding tools or other similar development environments
- T-SQL programming skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to learn troubleshooting software application issues by making programming changes and modification to configuration
- Effective oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skill
- Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in order to respond to support production software systems
- Comfortable adjusting and switching to work new projects
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.