Tool and Design Manager
Recruiting Solutions Inc. is seeking an experienced and dedicated Tool and Die Manager for a Manufacturing company. The ideal candidate will exhibit the following traits: self-managing, highly motivated and enthusiastic, good interpersonal skills, process oriented, eager to learn, team player and leads by example, follows through with all tasks to full resolution, exhibit ownership of area, willingness to accept and facilitate change, operate with honesty and integrity, proactive response to problems, concentrated focus on details, and have the ability to multi-task.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategies and objectives to drive shop performance, efficiency, and profitability
- Supervise, train, mentor, and grow the tool and die team.
- Identify opportunities to improve manufacturing processes through better designed tooling, jigs, and fixtures.
- Oversee tooling projects from inception to completion, ensuring on-time delivery and quality.
- Validate tool and die designs, ensuring that they meet customer specifications and are optimized for production.
- Identify and implement best practices and technologies that can enhance the efficiency, quality, and safety of our operations.
- Work closely with production, quality, and sales teams to ensure product and customer requirements are met.
- Draft clear, comprehensive, and detailed process documentation to guide the tool & die team in designing, building, and maintaining tooling.
- Ensure that tools, dies, and processes adhere to established quality standards. Address and resolve quality issues promptly.
- Evaluate and select suppliers for tool and die materials, components, and related services. Maintain strong relationships with vendors and negotiate for best pricing and quality.
- Ensure all operations are conducted in accordance with safety and industry regulations.
- Responsible for managing machining equipment, including PM schedules, retirement of old equipment and purchase of new equipment as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Tool & Die Design, or a related field. Master's Degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in tool & die design or manufacturing, with at least 3 years in a managerial or leadership role.
- Proficient in CAD software (SolidWorks preferred).
- Strong understanding of tool and die manufacturing processes, materials, and best practices.
- Excellent project management, organizational, and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.