Recruiting Solutions is hiring for an experienced Welder for a reputable industrial company in Columbia, SC. **Flux Core Welding and Arc Gouging Required**
2nd shift (4:30pm – 2:00am) – pay range is $19 -$23 per hour.
- Benefits include medical, dental, life, and 401k
- Set weekly schedule and overtime availability
- Set-up and operate welding machines in the fabrication of metal products and assemblies.
- Strikes (forms) arc, manually guides electrode or gun along weld line, maintaining length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead, as judged from color of metal, sound of weld, and size of molten puddle.
- Weld in flat, horizontal, and vertical positions.
- Self-examination of weld for bead size, proper surface finish, and compliance with drawings and specifications.
- Cleans or degreases weld joint or work piece.
- Chips off excess weld, slag, and spatter.
- Positions and clamps work pieces together or assemble them in jig or fixture.
- Tacks assemblies together.
- Identifies areas of pipe that require repair, either pre-marked by inspectors or through visual inspection.
- Positions pipe on repair rack to facilitate the repair process.
- Performs necessary preparatory work by grinding, preheating or otherwise preparing pipe.
- Compliance with all safety rules.
- Successfully passes all annual weld tests.
- Other duties may be assigned by management including but not limited to cross training and housekeeping.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, read and understand pipe drawings, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must be able to speak effectively with supervisors and other employees.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to accurately read tape measure.
- Must be able to understand and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Recruiting Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Recruiting Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Recruiting Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.